SBO Mutual Aid Fund Guidelines
SBO MUTUAL AID FUND GUIDELINES
(Federated SBO Resolution No. 2004-01)
The SBO Mutual Aid System is established to provide immediate financial assistance to every member in the case of accident and death.
B. MEMBERSHIP REQUIREMENT
- Membership: All bona fide students of the CGS enrolled in the University.
- Duration: Upon admission and full payment of the mutual aid fee until the end of the term the graduate student is enrolled.
- Membership Fee: P 100 to be paid upon enrolment.
All bona fide graduate students who have complied with the membership requirements shall be provided twenty four (24) hours daily mutual aid coverage within the specified period.
Every member shall be entitled with the following benefits:
- P10,000.00 ………… death except suicide
- P 5,000.00 ………… loss of hand, foot, or sight
- P 3,000.00 ………… loss of one or more fingers
If two or more of the stated cases occur, only the condition with the highest benefit shall be given due merit.
All the benefits to be awarded shall be recommended by the CGS-SBO Regional President, Campus CGS-SBO Adviser/SAS Coordinator. All the necessary documents shall be appended and shall be recommended by the Program Coordinator/Curriculum Adviser and approved by the Dean.
Only one claim can be made per semester by the member within the prescribed term.
E. PERTINENT SUPPORTING DOCUMENTS
- Death certificates and affidavit of parents, guardians, spouse; or children
- Medical certificates
- Certificate from certified physician (verification is needed)